Course Description: the course is designed to introduce the participants to standard operating procedures and systems in the restaurant and bar service of today cruise industry. Emphasis is placed on restaurant and bar organization, food sanitation, restaurant and bar equipment, basic restaurant service procedures and beverage knowledge.
Estimated number of hours of study: 50 hours
Course outcome: upon completion of the course, participants shall be able to:
- Identify and describe restaurant and bar service positions and organization;
- Detail the tools and equipment used in the restaurant and bar operation and describe their appropriate maintenance and use;
- Be familiar with entry level basic restaurant and bar service techniques;
- Understand and implement restaurant and bar sanitation systems and procedures.
- Benefit of the course: the course will make participants more eligible to be recruited by the cruise lines thanks to their competence with the cruise industry restaurant and bar service procedures and onboard organization.
Under no circumstances are employment positions with any cruise lines guaranteed after the successful completion of the online course.