Course Description: the course is designed to introduce the participants to standard operating procedures and systems in the housekeeping service of today cruise industry. Emphasis is placed on housekeeping organization, chemical and cleaning equipment, passengers and crew facilities, and laundry operation.
Estimated number of hours of study: 50 hours
Course outcome: upon completion of the course, participants shall be able to:
- Identify and describe housekeeping positions and organization;
- Detail the chemical and cleaning equipment used in housekeeping and describe its appropriate utilization;
- Be familiar with passengers and crew accommodation facilities;
- Understand sanitation requirements in housekeeping;
- Demonstrate the flow of linen in the ship’s laundry and be familiar with laundry equipment.
- Benefit of the course: the course will make participants more eligible to be recruited by the cruise lines thanks to their competence with the cruise industry housekeeping procedures and onboard organization.
Under no circumstances are employment positions with any cruise lines guaranteed after the successful completion of the online course.