Course Description: the course is designed to introduce the participants to standard operating procedures and systems in the culinary and food production service of today cruise industry. Emphasis is placed on food production organization, food sanitation, cooking tools and equipment, and basic cooking techniques.
Estimated number of hours of study: 50 hours
Course outcome: upon completion of the course, participants shall be able to:
- Identify and describe food production positions and organization;
- Detail the tools and equipment used in the food production and describe their appropriate maintenance and use;
- Be familiar with entry level basic cooking techniques;
- Understand and implement food sanitation systems and procedures.
- Benefit of the course: the course will make participants more eligible to be recruited by the cruise lines thanks to their competence with the cruise industry culinary procedures and onboard organization.
Under no circumstances are employment positions with any cruise lines guaranteed after the successful completion of the online course.